So it’s August 18th, and so amazing things have happened on this day.
Let me share a few:
- 1634 – Urbain Grandier, accused and convicted of sorcery, is burned alive in Loudun, France. (Not sure who Urbain was, but apparently the French weren’t fans)
- 1840 – Organization of American Society of Dental Surgeons founded (Go teeth!)
- 1872 – 1st mail-order catalog issued by A M Ward (and then quickly came mail order brides)
- 1920 – US ratifies the 19th Amendment to the constitution bringing in women’s suffrage (Hell’s yes!)
- 1946 – Golf Writers Association of America forms (Because we need more golf writers)
- 1958 – “Lolita” by Vladimir Nabokov published
- 1969 – Woodstock Music & Art Fair closes with Jimi Hendrix / Band of Gypsys as the final act
Oh, and one more…
My 10th book, THE LADY IN PINK is released!!!!
Buy it everywhere books are sold!