2016 is almost upon us. This year will bring the following events:
- a New American President, the winner of which will surely have bad hair any way we slice it. (Part 2, the worst election cycle ever).
- a remake of that one movie from the 80’s with an all female/black/Jewish/sober cast, which will annoy people at some Fox News show so much that they will walk off the set.
- a publishing scandal, not about 50 Shades of Anything. That ship has thankfully sailed.
- a TV show that is critically acclaimed, but not well liked by anyone who doesn’t give a fuck about cinematic qualities.
- a Kardashian will do something stupid.
- a Kardashian will marry an NBA player and/or Rapper and/or make a sex tape with one of the previous.
- Kim Kardashian and Kayne will a) have another child, b) adopt a child from a far off country like Canada, or c) annoy us all for another year. Dealer’s choice.
- Caitlyn Jenner will no longer be a thing and the trans community will continue to gain momentum and respect until everyone is treated equally.
- Someone in Florida (okay probably at least 50 people) will make national headlines for doing something that ends their lives in a humorous (at least for the rest of us) way.
- I’ll spend way too much time avoiding doing any writing but somehow manage to finish two novels. I’d call it witchcraft but that takes writing a spell and I’m too lazy for that.
What are some of your predictions?
Dear DEA/police enforcement offical, this is a book, not an offer for illicit drugs.
Yes, I live in Colorado. But we’re not all drug dealers, legal or otherwise.
Or are we?
Anyway, today only (12/14/15) I am giving away copies of a limited edition of Dope. Sick. Love.
Dope. Sick. Love.
Colin Wilde lies dying on a dirty bathroom floor, a needle in his arm and the name of his murdered wife on his bluish lips.
Two years later, struggling to stay clean, Colin meets Zoe, a woman with ties to his past. A past he can’t escape. Determined to make a comeback he soon becomes embroiled in a world of sex, drugs and murder.
Yes, a poorly jumbled Monty Python reference. It’s Wednesday. What more can you expect.
So an op-ed piece from one of the big 5 publishers hit the Wall Street Journal saying print is far from dead.
I tend to agree, though not as fiercely or as pretentiously as an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal.
People buy books. People still read. The sky is not, nor has it fallen.
Like any other commodity, there are ebbs and flows to book sales. Print is nice to have on your library shelves too. eBooks are nice to read when traveling. Audio rocks when you are driving or working out.
In the spirit of the season, I’m going give you a little advice. No, it’s not that you need therapy. It’s that WE need therapy. Us. All human people. (You thinking I meant you specifically is the very reason for this post. You’re sort of paranoid).
This, all of it, has to be a sickness, right?
The other possibility is too terrible to consider.
So please, get help. And maybe a cookie. Cookies are good.